Sunday, March 20, 2005

Hitch

So it's Sunday already and I'm wondering how the weekend went by so quickly. I actually didn't have any plans for the weekend but as luck has it - it became pretty busy. yay!

Hey i was wondering - - is it physically possible to lick your elbow?

You know when you have those times when you allocate some set number of hours to complete something? In this case - it was study (haha - as it always is)! But everytime I would really get into it; i would be distracted by some random thing like a phone call from an important person, an email i am supposed to answer, a rally i should attend, party, etc etc.

My last entry was Thursday so to fill in Friday's news:

Friday: uni, study, chat, job hunting... yep that pretty much fills it in: was supposed to go somewhere but didn't go - i felt really tired. And apparently Friendster has a 'blog' function now and you can add a photo album to your blog as well. But i like Blogger better. Friendster has 'pop up ads' so it would just annoy the heck out of me. I must say the thought of joining Friendster never entered my mind before i went to Filipino land. Nobody here really joins it. None of my non-filipino friends even know what Friendster is. I think they are more familiar with hi5.com or some other random online community and are busy of course: like what i used to be... busy. hahaha
anyways i return from the Phils after my cousins asked me if I had friendster - i join friendster and then - i was so addicted to the thing. It's just interesting looking up people you haven't spoken to in ages and seeing their friends list and then adding pictures and random facts about yourself. It was all a good way of wasting time. Now: i find that writing in this blog is a good way of wasting time but ... wasting time - - constructively! I am effectively practising my typing skills and grammar (or lack there of). And i'll just post pictures here instead

Saturday: calls, emails, exercise workout, hanging out, then went out with friends for dinner which was a welcome break from the busy day i had. We ate at this Texas style ranch place, had cocktails and mocktails and then watched the movie 'Hitch' which incidentally, i didn't mind watching. It tickled my funny bone. Will Smith is fine in roles such as these ones and that guy from "King of Queens" was funny. I recommend you watch it if you are a true soppy romantic such as myself. but prepare yourself for the really 'naff' - make you want to hurl- soppy soppy scene towards the end of the movie where Will Smith throws himself onto a car and declares his undying love to his love interest.

That bit was truly hard to stomach because things like that don't happen in real life... it's just too corny.

but enjoyable all in all. any movie that manages to stick in an Earth Wind and Fire song and a Mini Cooper into its scene - is okay by me :p

hmmm: my sister just made this beautiful Hummingbird cake - - yummy!!!!!!!!! hahah i know she reads my blog. she'll laugh once she reads this.

can you believe it - - it's Palm Sunday today and this friday will be Good Friday which ultimately leads to Easter Sunday! Holiday! Lot's of things are planned for this week - yay! I'm so happy.

PS: You tried to lick your elbow didn't you?

hehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home