Thursday, March 17, 2005

Complaint Register: No.21

I have had a truly bad afternoon. Yes indeed. I think it's my Omen afternoon.

The morning was okay: i got ready for uni - i went to uni - i attended my lectures and almost wrote my hand off in one lecture: that lecturer spoke really fast despite him repeating his sentences twice. And then met up with my sister and caught the bus to the city. And then here's where the omen's begin...

I'm in the city - walking down the pathway towards Elizabeth St (where that Borders Cafe is) and at that moment i've got the most stupidest misconception in my head that Edward St is a couple of streets away (when i subconsciously knew i was supposed to walk towards MacArthur Central way and turn left or something). I try to hide my confusion from my sister by continuing to walk down the wrong path. We get to Mary St and i can see the Botanical Gardens in the horizon. I've been caught out. It's the wrong way. I get a sarcastic comment. We turn around. We cross the street and make our way back (all the while we are passing green people all dressed up in their St Paddy's Day attire). We keep walking. I look up. I see a 7-Eleven. I look through the glass window. I see a VirginMobile Recharge sign. I know i'm supposed to recharge my account tomorrow when i bring cash but i go anyway. I've only got my card. I walk in. We both ask for a recharge for each of our accounts and for it to be charged for one transaction on one card. The attendant says we can't do that; so i use my card.

I swipe the card. The cash register freezes. They reboot the cash register. There's no receipt that pops out. I stand there faced with the possibility that $50 bucks of my money has been taken and i've still got no recharge for my phone. The attendant gives me her details and tells me to call her if there is a problem. I walk out of the store. Was my money taken? Is my money still there? I want to go home. I want to check my net bank and see if my money's been taken. I'm in a bad mood.

I cross the street and walk towards the Bus station. My sister wants to go to the bathroom first. I don't care. I get on the bus. She follows. We drive along. We pass Garden City. It's going fast. We drive past a few more traffic lights then the bus starts feeling a bit wobbly. A girl at the back of the bus yells "Stop!". The bus driver turns around. The girl says "the bus has got a flat tyre".

Everybody moans. The bus driver radioes in to central station.

The bus slowly inches its way from the far right side of the road: through 3 lanes: to park at the far left side of the road. He's creating new traffic problems. He stops the bus; has a look and then tells everyone to get out. We are stranded on the side of the busiest road. We have to walk. we cross the road and almost get run over by a slow moving car. We pass the first petrol station. We pass the second. It's really hot. It's getting dark. I can smell car fumes. I call my mum, she picks us. she takes us home. I write in this blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home