Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I am typing on my laptop right now and am listening to Earth Wind and Fire. I've noticed that there are increasing numbers of law students bringing their laptop's to uni. I guess it's really handy to bring it along because typing lectures out seems easier than handwriting it.

right now, writing out what the lecturer's say in some of my courses is really difficult. It's because they talk so fast!! I know they talk that way to emphasise that they are thinking while speaking and really know their material and so forth and blah! but I keep getting hand cramps. ack! Why can't they just all be like my Admin lecturer who reads straight from a transcript and repeats every 2nd sentence and even spells out the words for us? Mind you though - my hand almost nearly falls off in that class as well. The best way is for them to just give us the lecture transcript. end of story. done deal.

but for the time being, just speak slower i always say: and concise: and not be monotonous.

Oh yeah and a downside for laptop batteries is that they run out pretty quickly so you are forced to sit at the front - near the wall so you can use your recharger to keep your laptop running.

i agree that using your own personal laptop is good but sometimes it's an incovenience.

There were so many students with laptops last monday night sitting at the front of the lecture theatre, one student had to sit on the floor with her back attached to the wall because her laptop battery fully ran out and she had to run it from the powersourcepoint.

I guess the main reason why I don't bring my laptop with me is that I have to lug it around for the rest of the day - especially coz I don't drive to uni. And those dang things are so heavy! I just resort to using my laptop at home.

To digress: I put this song collection on my media player which is full of old classics: it's so cool! It's like i'm transformed into the 60s and 70s! I was just listening to Heatwave by Martha Reeves! I blame American Idol for putting all these old songs into my head! argggh! How can I study! haha

Right now I'm totally into using my USB stick. It has been my lifesaver for the past couple of weeks. I don't have to print out anything and can just bring all my word documents home. It transfers anything and everything! What a great piece of technological ingenuity. It has made my file transfers really easy and I don't have to pay 12cents per sheet to photocopy in that dang law library!!! and i can get my assignment research downpacked really quickly... but finishing it is a different story. haha

In other news: i heard some really good news from my parents yesterday so I am very happy.

Also bumped into some people I hadn't seen in a while. I bumped into Jason and he filled me in with all this news about people from our highschool. It was really good hearing all that news. He's doing his Masters in Business now and it gets me thinking about whether or not I want to do a Masters degree later on.

Now I'm listening to "Hit the Road Jack" by Ray Charles. great great.

I was so exhausted yesterday. 12 hours of uni: i rest my case.

and my eyes started hurting really badly so I had to wear my glasses which I don't really want to wear but once I wore them, everything was better - i never thought I'd start really wearing glasses till i was like mid-20 or something; but alas I may need to wear glasses now especially for reading those ridiculously small sized fonts they put on journal articles. that really annoys me.

I was speaking to Susanna and Bennet on Monday and we were discussing about how one of our friend's is now engaged. How cool is that!

all this typing is making my hungry... i'm going to eat lunch now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home