Tuesday, March 29, 2005

It's Tuesday today and I'm on a week off from uni and am seriously considering the possibility of putting my name on the Queensland Justice of the Peace internet directory. I know if I do this - i may become fully inundated with people seeking my JP services and I suppose it will be good for me to get more exposure to legal documents and so forth. I can use my govt issued stamp! but then again - I don't want to be faced with the possibility of being called up in the middle of the night just to sign a statutory declaration form.

Sure passport applications are fine and easy; same with standard govt forms - so it would be fine to do that right? i'm still undecided on this.

In other news: I watched the intro to the 47th Annual Grammy Awards last week and heard the Los Lonely Boys sing along with the Black Eyed Peaz and Maroon 5 and Gwen Stefani and Franz Ferdinanz and i think there was one more: but that whole amalgamation of music from those assortment of artists was awesome! just awesome!
I liked the song by the Los Lonely Boys called "Heaven". It had a nice melody even though the lyrics could be interpreted as a bit dark. By phrasing it as 'dark', i read it as feeling trapped in a dark un-escapable hole: needing a change; and asking how far is salvation. Here's the lyrics.

"Heaven"

Save me from this prison
Lord help me get away
Cause only you can save me now
From this misery
Cause I've been lost in my own place
And I'm getting' weary
How far is heaven
And I know I need to change
My ways of livin'
How far is heaven, Lord can you tell me
Cause I've been locked up way too long
In this crazy world, how far is heaven
I just keep on prayin' Lord
Just keep on livin', how far is heaven
Lord can you tell me, how far is heaven
I just got to know how far, how far is heaven
Lord can you tell me
[translated from Spanish]
(You that's in a higher place
Send me down a blessing)
Cause I know there's a better place
Than this place I'm livin', how far is heaven
And I just got to have some faith
And just keep on giving, how far is heaven
I just wanna know how far

That's just my interpretation. Nonetheless it has a nice melody. I guess it struck a cord last week because i was feeling a little bit down from certain events that happened during the last week. I'm feeling better now though. I think i'm going to be my cheery self: it'll just take a short while for me to heal emotionally.

In other news: I got this funny email from a buddy of mine. He always send me hilarious stuff.
funny so funny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home