Thursday, December 15, 2005

updates

oh my goodness, i was so immature 2 months ago.

okay let's look back at the past two months. i'm actually supposed to be packing my bag because i'm leaving for melbourne tomorrow morning. i can't really be bothered but i know it has to be done. i think i've got all the essentials though:

- mobile phone
- digital camera with memory stick and recharged battery
- iPod and iPod recharger
- wallet with credit card and cash
- clothes
- toothbrush
- shoes etc etc

but i have this feeling that i will forget something but i just don't know what right now.

I plan to enjoy myself while i'm there and get extremely drunk with my friends... like i did last friday night. haha!

Q: So what happened last Friday night do you ask?
A: well, i had after work drinkies with my workmates so we all headed to the BeachHouse and drank down a couple of Coronas which isn't good especially if you haven't eaten a damn thing. So then my friend came and my other friend was at Cerillios on George Street so we had to walk to go and get her. And then they wanted to go clubbing but i realised that i was still in my business clothes and that just won't do. so what did they make me do? they made me go and buy new clothes and shoes. so we did. and then my next friend came and she had a car so we dropped all my stuff in her car and then proceeded to make our way to a bar called the Underground. but... we couldn't find it so we made our way to Edward street and went into the Embassy which we said we'd never go into again. but we did. and there we proceeded to skull a few more drinks: tequila and vodka cruisers are not a good mix. i decided that i was hungry and so we made our way to mcdonalds - fatty goodness to absorb the alcohol.

i haven't touched mcdonalds food in ages but it surprisingly came to the rescue that faithful evening. i was pleased - hungover but pleased. so my other work mates were inside the embassy still so we went back and chat to them and drank again. and THEN i saw one of my highschool buddies there too which was aewesome. i was very pleased.

after this reunion, we decided it was enough and i got a lift home with my friend whilst the other two went to Cesars on Adelaide Street. all in all it was an eventful evening.

HOBBIES:
- at the moment, i've decided to get back into reading books. The first book i read was 'the Snow Bride' which was light and funny. the next was 'tomorrow when the war began' by john marsden. i just finished this book today actually and it was just as good as i remembered it was. my next book will be 'To Kill a Mockingbird'.

WORK:
- work is same ole. boring and repetitive admin stuff. i have my own desk which i have cluttered up accordingly.
- a new guy started at work at the beginning of my holidays and he's the only young guy around. he's okay - complicated but okay. he's tall and has brown hair and reminds me of a guy i know but an older version of him. he sits diagonal from me and this makes me really frustrated because everytime i get up, i find myself looking in his direction to see if he's there and that's not good because i shouldn't be looking because he's probably not my type and he likes cats and i don't.
- i think it's because he's the only guy that is close to my age and graduated the same year as me and did i mention that he's tall? i know we are totally different. i reckon these small confined office spaces cause people to go insane with their normal thinking patterns.
- this is totally perplexing me and things like this would cause a total scandal at work. so i am trying to avoid this type of situation occuring at all costs. i keep telling myself to get a grip and stop thinking about it and just work. work relationships are very bad news.
- my whole philosophy is just to try and understand a person - but this guy is complex and probably someone whom i wouldn't normally hang around with.
I was trying to picture where he'd fit in in terms of highschool groups but i couldn't but i could definetely see him with a group of people with the same personality as him, at uni.
- he actually has the same personality as this girl at work. i went into training with her and she too is complex. i belive they have the same likes and dislikes and even the same birthday star sign or whatnot. they are both tall too which is funny. except she's nicer. i reckon he'd be her if he was a girl and she'd be him if she were a guy. but they can't be together cause she's married - married young. so there you have it - me and this guy are the single people at work too which is bad news in my book.
- we'll just wait and see i guess.
- and my next pack is to stop having conversations with him via email. i need to get a grip and be totally disinterested. I'm a professional dammit. NO MORE EMAILS!

i know far better guys that i'd like to spend my time with and can laugh with.

- and then there's the other office guy who i think is around the same age as me too and he seems nice and okay looking as well and i think it's important that the young people at work stick together.
- did i also mention that work is boring? rewarding but boring.
- work is slowly making me go insane. because of the confined space and seeing the same people everyday, i find their personalties are jelling onto me.

so that's why i'm going to melbourne.
this blog is a good avenue to vent...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home